Monday, October 30, 2006

Deal to buy



As some of you know, my laptop decided to throw a fit on my birthday in celebration and to tell me it wasn't feeling like allowing me to write a lab report. Thus, it choose to appear dead by prompting the blue screen of doom. Desparate in need of new laptop, I decided to look for a new one.

Since my Inspiron 600m is a two year old model, it has already gone out of fashion. Thus, a likely replacement fell upon the Dell Inspiron E1405 Core. Not only is it much cheaper, it has a 160 GB memory, 2 GB of RAM along with a Windows Vista free upgrade. This is all compared to my current 40 GB of hard disk, 1 GB of RAM, and Windows XP. Sounds like a great deal right? I thought so to....

Just when I had set my eyes on E1405, my 600m came back from the dead. It must have heard me threatening it by throwing it out my dorm window. Just kidding.....I managed to run diagonistics on it before the blue screen of doom could appear. It showed there were some bad block of hard disk. Thus, I quarantined the bad blocks and it seems to be working fine as of right now. I think the cause of that was the bad dell battery that came with my laptop. I actually had the battery recalled. Anyone out there should go check www.dellbatteryprogram.com to check if your battery is overheating. During the Minnesota winter, a laptop should not be overheating.....I should have figured this out. Anyway, as a preventive measure, I have now been setting my laptop upon a notebook. This way, the fan won't be blocked and hopefully my hard disk won't get fried anymore. Who knows? If the blue screen doom ever comes back I will be definitely getting the E1405. Until then.....

No comments: