Saturday, October 07, 2006

The results are in



Hem, hem, hem, the WOMBAT scores are in. As a muggle born wizard, I'm very pleased with my magical achievements. Now only if this would translate over to my muggle studies of Microelectronics (I've a midterm on Oct 9th). Maybe I can transfer to Hogwarts instead.

Here's just a run-down of what the WOMBAT is:

The W.O.M.B.A.T.s, unlike the O.W.L.s, consist exclusively of written papers.Therefore W.O.M.B.A.T.s could be sat by Muggles as well as wizards, although the Wizarding Examinations Authority does not believe that any Muggle would have the degree of inner knowledge required to achieve a pass.

The Grade 1 W.O.M.B.A.T. tests whether the sitter would be able to exist safely and
effectively within the magical world. Would you fall foul of Magical Law? Would you know what to befriend/ avoid in the magical Natural World? Could you use Everyday Magic to look after yourself and your family? And would you know how to transport yourself within the world of wizards?

This is not a straightforward Harry Potter trivia test. While a thorough knowledge of the books is essential to achieving a good grade at W.O.M.B.A.T., you will need
inspiration as well as information, applying what you know, whether by deducing the
correct answer or by making intelligent guesses.


For those who have no idea as to what I'm blabbering about, I suggest you reference Harry Potter for the word "muggle" or "O.W.Ls" and visit J.K. Rowling's website for complete details. For those first time visitors to J.K. Rowling's site, I suggest you wisely refer to HP-Lexicon's guide to Jo's site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Benny,
Where is the link to said WOMBAT? As well, I don't like the music on your page, it's annoying having to turn it off each time I come back to this page.

-Susan