Thursday, November 13, 2008

Classic Carlson



I'm taking psychology this semester and participated in a Personality and Online Social Networking study for some extra credit points (Yes, they still exist in college!). A part of the study involved a simple 7 minute chat period where two participants just try to get to know each other while the interaction is filmed. Here's what transpired:

Me: "Hey, my name is _____."
Girl: "Hey, nice to meet you. I'm _____."
Me: "So what year are you?"
Girl: "I'm a sophomore in CBS. What about you?"
Me: "I'm a junior in Carlson."
Girl: "Oh really? My roommate is in Carlson."
Me: "How does she like it there?"
Girl: "Oh she loves it. I never see her do any homework. All I see her doing is typing these emails."
Girl: "I asked my roommate why she's writing so many emails, and she said it's not emailing, it's called networking."
Girl,while rolling her eyes: "It seems like all they do is networking at Carlson."

I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Oh Carlson......Anywhere but here

No comments: