Wednesday, December 20, 2006

All Done!

Hip Hip Hurray for winter break. My last final was on Monday, December 18th at 8 am. Not only was it at an god awful hour, it was also the hardest final. Once more, what the TA and even the professor suggested would be on the test was not on there. Thus, my focus on the study of depth first search, classification of edges, etc were all useless. As if this wasn't bad enough, half way through the final, the fire alarm went off. I had just gotten into deep thinking mode when the blaring horns thundered through the classroom. We had to evacuate the building of course and stand in sub-zero temperatures for ten minutes. You'll never need caffeine in MN.....just step outside during the winter for a bit and you'll wake up. Oh well, at least it will be memorable.

IT Hell finally ended at 10:12 am when the TA's shouted: "Time's up. Please turn in your exams!" The incredible sense of relief from taking your last final is still got to be one the best feelings in the world. Thus, I'm was elated that I've been granted a pass to exit hell. It's only a temporary one though, because I'll have to go back eventually. Still, I'm very happy that winter break was here!

After walking out the exam building, it was time to catch up with people that I've managed to avoid all semester. Not really, but I've just been putting it off using various lame academic excuses like: "I've got a lab report to write" or "I have a test that I need to cram for." There were no more excuses for being anti-social.

The planning for a lunch with Yana had been in the works for a while, and we finally managed to get together after my last final. She had hers in the morning too, but it only took her 40 minutes to finish it. We ended up going to a Korean cafe and ordered its buffet. All I shall say is that Yana definitely got her money's worth while we ate there.

After lunch, I went back to my dorm to enjoy my first day of freedom. I could have done anything I pleased so I ended up watching Dead Poets Society on my computer. Carpe Diem!

That night, I had arranged to hang out with Vanessa. We went to Pita Pit, a place I've never gone before. For those who know me, and especially Vanessa, I rarely try non-Asian foods. However, I'm determined to overcome this. So far, I've gone to an African restaurant, and had a gator burger. Still a long ways to go I know! Anyway, Pita Pit was rather good. It's basically like a subway sandwich except the toppings are put into pita bread. Pita bread is a round wheat flatbread made with yeast. We stayed there for about an hour and a half, eating, talking, and more talking. We've seen each other a total of 4 times this semester, so there was a lot of catching up to do.

Finally, Vanessa had to go because she still had two finals the next two days. I went back to watch a couple more movies. When you have the hub, you have instant access to Blockbuster. I spent the evening watching Scoop (a quirky Woody Allen film) and The Perfect Score. Perhaps it was the effects of euphoria after finals, I really enjoyed both movies. My roommate was studying for his last final and he had to put up with my random bursts and snorts of laughter.

Ahhhh, I want to savor this moment forever!

No comments: