Saturday, December 16, 2006

One down, one to go!


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I'm done with Microelectronics!!! It has been the bane of my existence this semester. The professor's English is as articulate as Jackie Chan's, except he isn't funny. I used up an entire THREE SUBJECT notebook, and progressed onto a new notebook. We were bombarded with pages and pages of notes lecture after lecture. In fact, for a four credit class, we had four lectures a week and discussion. His final was probably the most difficult test this semester so far..... I did the entire practice exam (9 problems) and none of the questions were anything like what was on the final. I had some missing equations on my crib sheet..... Basically, life sucked because of Microelectronics. Thank god I don't have to take advanced Microelectronics. I've heard, however, that advanced Microelectronics is actually easier. I'll have to talk to my EE friends and find out. As for me, my next objective is to study for my computer science final. It's at 8 am on Monday. Why do my finals hate me so???? Anyway, enough ranting.....(I just finished my Microelectronics final about an hour ago....so please excuse me. I'm still both elated and exhausted now that it's over)

On the bright side, I have only the computer science final left. Originally I was suppose to take my Signals and Systems final that same day at 1:30pm. However, I did well enough on the first two midterms that I have been excused from taking it. What could beat getting an A in an IT class without havinng to study/take the final? I was giddy for a whole weekend because of this =0) I know I'm shameless in saying this because all my friends still have to take it, but I think it's about time I gave myself some credit for all the effort I've put in for my major and for myself. It is a big milestone for me personally because college hasn't been exactly how I had envisioned it to be. The people around me haven't always been the nicest. Example: One of my "friends" said to me: "I wish you were in my physics class, you could help lower the curve." That felt like a giant slap on the face, especially coming from my peers. What's worse is what people around him said to him afterwards: "You shouldn't say things like that, well, at least not to his face." I suppose it's better that they did say it behind my back....then I didn't have to sit there stunned for the entire lecture. Oh well, it did hurt, but because of this, I promised to myself not to give up and be the one who lowers the curve. So far, I've managed to overcome this in my Signals and Systems class, and it feels so great. The down side is that my friends all hate me for not taking the final. I suppose you just can't win on either side of the curve.

No comments: