Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hollywood dreams

I went to a rather small high school. It was only a year old when I first attended there as a freshmen. The benefits of a small school is that everyone knows everybody else. Thus, I've a clear memory of everyone, especially people in my year. A group of people who I clearly remember are the movie geeks. You've probably met one in your high school. They are the aspiring actors/directors/film makers. They always have a camcorder in their backpacks, ready to record everything they see. They are the creative people, who love film so much that they started their own class on video production at my high school. They became teachers to kids of their own age. Who says you need a degree to teach? The Scotts Valley High School Video Production class is still going strong. You can see some of the students works here .

One of the founding members of the class is Dan Hollister. He is now in Los Angeles, chasing his dream of becoming a director. Another originator of the class is Drew Mylrea. He filmed the only movie/video I've ever starred in, playing, what else, a nerd who knows all the answers. Apparently, he's now in UCLA, no doubt going for a film degree of some sort. These talented people have made a feature length film. I'm amazed by their talents, and everyone should take at their film: Phenomenon Jon

Trailer:



The school scenes are filmed at Scotts Valley High

No comments: